Dear Calvary Parents,
Happy Fall! We hope your family is enjoying these recent crisp days. As we approach Thanksgiving, we want to express our gratitude for your support of our Calvary Parent community, and remind you that you can reach out to us at any time if you have questions or feedback.
UPCOMING EVENTS & IMPORTANT DATES
A reminder that Parent Teacher conferences are later this week and school will not be in session as follows:
Thursday, November 12, No School for Sea Lions
Friday, November 13, No School for all classes
As we let you know last week, we have to forgo Calvary’s cherished Thanksgiving feast this year, but we’re excited to partner with the SF/Marin Food bank on a virtual fundraiser and collection of non-perishable food donations that you can bring with you during morning drop-off through November 20. Thank you for your support of this important cause.
MEET THE CALVARY TEACHING STAFF
During a typical year, there would be many opportunities to get to know some of the friendly faces in the classrooms at Calvary, but due to COVID many of those encounters aren’t possible, so we’re introducing a monthly feature to let you get to know some of our teachers a little better, and we’re kicking it off by introducing the fantastic…
Bluebird teaching team:
- Hometown: Valencia, Venezuela
- Best book you’ve read lately: Unflattening by Nick Sousanis
- Favorite San Francisco restaurant: La Mar Cebichería Peruana
- Dream Vacation: Rural Japan; Salvador de Bahía, Brazil
- What do you enjoy most about working with preschoolers? I enjoy working with preschoolers because they are humans that haven’t been corrupted by society yet and they are their most original versions of themselves.
- Hometown: Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Best book you’ve read lately: Becoming by Michelle Obama
Favorite San Francisco restaurant: Dancing Yak and Greens
- Dream vacation destination? Florence, Italy; Cannes, France; Mykonos, Greece
- What do you enjoy most about working with preschoolers? As a preschool teacher you get to experience things with the children for the first time. You also get to watch them grow and develop and that is very rewarding.
- Hometown: Wauwatosa, WI
- Best book you’ve read lately: American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
- Favorite San Francisco restaurant: Golden Boy Pizza (casual) and Zuni (fancy)
- Dream Vacation: Everywhere! Top 3 right now: Croatia, Botswana, Argentina
- What do you enjoy most about working with preschoolers? After working with young toddlers for the last few years, I am really enjoying all the language, conversations and observations that preschoolers share in the classroom. I enjoy observing their curiosity, wonder and imagination when they engage with materials and each other.