Dear Calvary Parents,
We hope the final weeks of this strange year are treating you well. While COVID has caused us to adjust some of our favorite holiday traditions, we’re so grateful to Calvary’s dedicated teachers and staff who have celebrated the holiday spirit with the children in the classroom over the past few weeks. We wish you all cozy and safe holidays, and look forward to 2021!
Caroline & Carolyn
COMMUNITY THANK YOUS
We’d like to thank everyone who contributed to make our SF/Marin Food bank drive such a great success. We collected over 400 pounds of food and $3,000 in donations. An extra special thank you to Jaci and Kyle Perrett for organizing this important event!
A huge thank you to Morgan Dewey and Abiah Karthauser for putting together our family photo book, which was sent out via email a few weeks ago. We love being able to see everyone’s smiling faces and appreciate their work all the more during this year when so many of our interactions are behind masks or screens!
Many thanks to our room parents for coordinating the class holiday gifts for our deserving teachers!
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE REMINDERS
Friday, December 18, 2020: Final day of school before holiday break
Sunday, January 3, 2021: On-Site COVID testing
Wednesday, January 6, 2021: Distance learning begins
Monday, January 11, 2021: In-person learning resumes; AEP begins
MEET THE REDBIRD TEACHING STAFF
This month we continue our “Meet the Teachers” series by getting to know the fantastic Redbird teaching team!
- Hometown: NYC
- Best book you’ve read lately: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Favorite San Francisco Restaurant: Sociale
- Dream Vacation: Anywhere with a beach :)
- What do you enjoy most about working with preschoolers? I always say that preschoolers keep me young :) I love how children have a unique perspective of the world. They always open my eyes to things and teach me things!
- Hometown: Carmichaels, PA
- Best book you’ve read lately: The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- Dream Vacation: Hawaii…I am just enamored that I am now so close to the islands.
- What do you enjoy most about working with preschoolers? I was an administrator for over 40 years and just missed out on the day to day interactions, conversations, love, and honesty of these amazing children.
- Hometown: I was born and raised in a small farming village a few hours away from the Eastern coast of China. My village was near a city called Xinyi!
- Best book you’ve read lately: I am a fan of Harry Potter, and I recently started reading the first book, “The Philosopher’s Stone”. I am also enjoying the audiobook version of a science-fiction book called “The Three Body Problem” written by Liu Cixin, a Chinese science fiction writer.
- Favorite San Francisco restaurant: The Best Indian Pizza with Tikka Masala sauce (of course with extra sauce!) from Zante’s, in the Mission! I have never tasted something so unique and delicious before! I would recommend everyone try it.
- Dream Vacation: I have always wanted to go to Hawaii or Thailand! I love going to the beach and trying local specialties (especially seafood!).
- What do you enjoy most about working with preschoolers? Working with young kids is a joyful journey for me. I feel so happy I get to spend my days helping the kids explore the things they are curious about!
Thanks to the Redbird teachers for sharing and letting us get to know them a little better!