Dear Calvary Parents,
If you’re like us, you’ve probably been recalling this time last year when we entered the early days of COVID shut-downs. As we reflect on the past year, amidst all the uncertainties it has brought, a highlight for us has been the remarkable resiliency of the Calvary Nursery School community. From the nimble pivot to online learning last spring, to the thoughtful implementation and adherence to protocols that have allowed us to remain open from last summer through today, we are so grateful to the staff for everything they’ve done to allow our children to continue playing and learning together. We thank the parent community for everything you’ve done to support those efforts, and we look ahead with anticipation to a time when we’re able to safely join together for more in-person activities.
A reminder that due to conferences, there will be no school for Sea Lions this Thursday, 3/18, and no school for all classes Friday, 3/19.
This month’s “Meet the Teachers” features the Eagle teaching team – please keep reading to check it out!
Caroline & Carolyn
MEET THE EAGLE TEACHERS
- Hometown: Kentfield, CA
- Best book you’ve read lately: “Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens. I loved it!
- Favorite San Francisco Restaurant: I have many! Lolinda, Kokkari, and Zazie are the first that come to mind. My favorite meal is a Nicaraguan Nacatamal.
- Dream Vacation: The Irish countryside
- What do you enjoy most about working with preschoolers? These tiny humans are so wise, honest, and perfect. It’s a joy spending time learning from them and watching their development. Every year I am amazed and impressed by their growth in all the domains. And, I love how curious they are!
- Hometown: Mexico City
- Best book you’ve read lately: You’re My Sunshine, because for me all the kids are my sunshine!
- Favorite San Francisco Restaurant: La Mediterranee & Asha
- Dream Vacation: Italy
- What do you enjoy most about working with preschoolers? I enjoy working with preschoolers because they make me day-by-day a happier and more positive person, and encourage me to find different ways of learning.
Thanks to the Eagle teachers for sharing and letting us get to know them better!